Building Bridges Programme Update: June 2017
It has been almost 8 months since the launch of the Building Bridges programme in Swindon and Wiltshire and we wanted to take some time to reflect on what we have already achieved by working together.
The Building Bridges programme is an ambitious partnership of 40 organisations working together to help people most in need. Jointly funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund, the programme aims to help people overcome their barriers to employment and education by offering one to one support, training, skills development and other support services.
The programme will run until 2019 and our overall aim is to work with 1,827 participants with at least 21% of these individuals moving into employment and a further 29% moving into education or training.
We are delighted to announce that after just a few short months, our partners are already working hard to deliver some fantastic results with individuals facing multiple, complex challenges and barriers to work or education.
The story so far:
- Several participants have already successfully moved into employment, which is a fantastic achievement.
- Almost all of the participants who have registered with us are engaging with the help and support on offer.
- We are currently working with 328 participants at various states of the programme; over a third of these participants currently have a plan in place and are actively working towards their goals with the support of key workers.
- We have streamlined our referral process to make it easier for people to register and get the help they need.
- We have been working closely with referral organisations including voluntary and community groups, housing associations and statutory teams in Wiltshire and Swindon. Our rates of referral and registration are growing steadily as news of the programme spreads across Swindon and Wiltshire.
- We have accepted 97% of referrals into the programme so far and those who were not suitable were signposted to other support services.
- The programme is almost up to full speed with 19 of 20 core delivery partners working with participants and the other starting imminently.
Thank you to everyone who has been involved with the Building Bridges programme so far. We are delighted with the progress we have made and excited to see what the next few months will bring.
We will also be starting a new series of blog posts called ‘Meet the Partners’ beginning with referral partner Wiltshire Savings & Loans. Stay tuned for more.